Masraf Al Rayan (QSC) ("Bank") was incorporated as Qatari Shareholding Company under the Qatar Commercial Company law, on 4th January 2006, and licensed by Qatar Central Bank. As per its Articles of Association; the Bank is engaged in banking, financing and investing activities in conformity with the Principles of Islamic Shari'a. Headquartered in Doha, with a paid up capital of QAR 7.5 Bn (USD 2.1 Bn), it was launched on October 2006.
The bank is structured into three main business divisions; Retail Banking which offers a variety of products and services such as current and saving accounts, time deposit accounts, financing, credit cards; Wholesale Banking offers products and services such as corporate finance & advisory services, financing products, cash management, treasury, trade finance and products and services designed to meet the need for the small and medium enterprises, and Private Banking which offer tailored solutions in the areas of investment planning & asset management, wealth management, credit planning and management
In 2008 Al Rayan Investment LLC (ARI) was launched with a paid capital of $100 million (fully owned by the bank) as its Islamic Investment and Asset Management arm.
As of December, 2016 Masraf Al Rayan has a total of 13 branches, stretched over strategically sketched geographical vicinity within Qatar and a total of 80 ATMs, increased in harmony with business needs and customer activities.
To become the leading Islamic bank within Qatar and the World, by offering a broad spectrum of Shari’a-compliant products and services, through efficient and reliable channels, to all sectors of the market in which it operates and to maintain its twin objectives of furnishing a high return on shareholder investment and satisfying its individual customers.
- To build a well-balanced financial institution across Retail, Wholesale, Advisory and Asset Management services.
- To provide market-leading financial services holding Shari’a principles at the heart of all activities.
- To build a solid and well recognized service delivery and brand distinction expertise.
- To become a market leader through expertise in financing, advisory services and international offerings.
- To build a strong franchise servicing both Islamic and conventional customers, first in the GCC and then beyond.
- To focus on product and service innovation delivered according to international standards.
- To maximize utilization of the large capital base and diverse shareholder ownership.
- Connect the financial and real economies into one efficient capital allocation system
- Expand our commercial banking capabilities by increasing our footprint and penetrations through GCC, MENA and Europe.
- Develop new and innovative Shari’a-compliant products and services.
- Bridging Asia, Middle East and Europe in terms of trade and banking services.
- To prudently pursue an organic and acquisition based expansion strategy.
- To prudently use Masraf Al Rayan’s large capital foundation and its diverse shareholders’ rights.
Masraf Al Rayan Business Lines, Products & Segments
A key banking player addressing all Shari’a-compliant needs